Over the last couple of weeks I’ve made some progress in moving fiber from the spinning piles to the yarn stash.
First is the Polwarth/silk yarn I finished at the early March finishing weekend, off the bobbin, wet finished, dried and in its final skein.
Over the last week I also plied and finished this humbug BFL fiber that I dyed back in January.
This makes 1.6 lbs. spun this year. My goal is 6 lbs. so I need to pick up the pace a little bit, but my goal is definitely doable.
In knitting news, I’ve also started to work on a new cowl, practicing the two color brioche stitch that my friend taught us. I started with a scarf, but didn’t like the way the edges were going, and I prefer cowls and shawls to straight scarves anyway, so I ripped it back and cast on for a cowl instead.
It is fairly simple now that I’ve gotten the hang of it, so this will be good mindless TV knitting.