Some spinning to share.
I finished spinning up the light gray merino/alpaca/angora fiber and paired it with a bobbin of brownish gray yak/silk to get a pretty luxurious feeling skein of bulky yarn. It is really dense, no spring to it at all, and the angora is already developing a halo that will grow as I knit with it. Super soft too. I think a chunky cowl will be the best use of it, and there’s nearly 300 yards, so plenty for that.
The colors on the bobbins are more accurate. The pic of the finished skein was taken in artificial light at night.
I also shave spun up two bobbins of BFL that I dyed during my dyeing binge during the snow days. Love how the colors turned out in the singles! They are pretty fine, so they are sitting while I’m trying to decide if I want to leave it at 2 ply for a light fingering or add a third bobbin of something for a more substantial weight.
While that decision is mulled, I’ve started on some turquoise, brown and white polwarth/silk I dyed.
All this productive spinning means the yarn stash is growing, which means I need to knit more. The crafting version of a vicious circle, which means I’m happy but the house never gets cleaned. I can live with that trade off.