A finished quilt to check off the to-do list!
It was actually done last week, but I was waiting to post in the hope of getting outside-in-the-sun pictures. These early-dark and rainy days make photography even more challenging than it usually is for me. I eventually gave up and photographed it indoors.
The top is made up of of diamonds cut from the scraps of a floral quilt I made my cousin a couple Christmases ago. As is my habit lately, I pinned it in my sister’s classroom to take advantage of all the space and the indestructible tiled floors.
It is my second diamond top, and I quilted it very similarly to the first, with verticle lines and shadow diamonds scattered in.
I drew the lines with a vanishing pen – when I was done sewing I spritzed water to remove the blue lines, and any remnants were taken care of when I washed it.
The binding was more scraps, machine sewn as usual for speed and durability.
This is never going to be my favorite quilt – I like the overall design, but question some of my color combo choices, but I have a couple potential recipients in mind for the holidays who would really like it, and it is more important that the person who gets it loves it than I do.
My son tested it out, blanket-wise, and says it definitely works.