I’m revisiting my WIP list from early June to keep myself on track.
A lot of frogging has greatly reduced this list.
- Fingerless gloves – just the thumbs left to do
- Red sweater – my oldest WIP, knit years ago, it just needs a crocheted edging and buttons, but will it even fit now?
- Blue cable sweater – sew pieces together, do collar and add zipper
- Shawl in Tosh blues – frog, find a better contrast yarn and restart
- Pink handspun slippers – frogged and yarn returned to stash
- D’s cupcake – frogged
- Daily temperature scarf – felting has begun – remaining yarn returned to stash
- Novelty scarf on giant needles – frogged and yarn donated
- Orange sweater – frogged and yarn donated
- Blue-gray socks – finished and given away
- Ladybug sweater – frogged and yarn returned to stash
- New Start: – Blooming shawl in green silk (I just couldn’t stop myself from casting on. This will be a slow project as the lace yarn is thread like and silk requires extra care to avoid runs.)
- Rug – partially warped
27 lbs. of fiber in the stash to be spun! In progress list:
- Red alpaca/wool – 3 bobbins spun, probably three more to go
- Purple/blue merino – spun, plied and skeined
- J’s monster red monster – needs appendages and a face
- Sheep in a field – needs field
- Three knit shirt conversions to tunics
- Mom’s backpack purse – the pieces are cut out
- Floor pillows – I’ve started combining the upholstery samples into fabric
- Embroidered circles that need to be sewn into a pillow cover
- Paper pieced snowflake that needs to be finished to become a pillow
- Black work sampler – barely started and needs to be abandoned because my eyesight just isn’t up to it
- Wild flowers – doesn’t need a lot to finish, but I couldn’t decide on how to do the blue flowers
- Undersea scene – just a few more sea creatures needed
- Octopus – finished and given to Haley!
- Mountains and flowers – I don’t love it, but it is also very close to done, so just do it already!
- City and trees – needs more embellishment, but the majority is done
- Scrap in a box – top finished, needs back, quilting and binding
- Scrappy stars around the corner – top finished, needs back, quilting and binding
- Update – Backing pieced, pin basted, ready for quilting
- Red and white Xs – top finished, needs back, quilting and binding
- Update – backing pieced
- Floral diamonds – top finished, needs back, quilting and binding
- Wonky scrap stars – top finished, needs back, quilting and binding
- Strings table runner – a couple more blocks needed
- Oceans QAL – half the blocks done
- Tiny scraps block blobs (I need a better name for this one!)
- Update – decided on layout, created third blob, started putting together top background
- D’s Pokemon quilt – abandoned in the fabric pile state – he decided he wants the Oceans quilt to be his instead
10 items crossed off the list, 1 new start
Most of my progress was destruction rather than construction and in the knitting part of the list, but there has been some progress on the quilting front as well. A good start considering it was the busy end of the school year (checked in 8000+ textbooks!) and we went on a week long coastal vacation.
July is the start of the kitchen remodel, but I still hope to achieve more on the sewing front.