I finished my sock on the last day of vacation, though the photoshoot had to wait until I got back to Oregon as the sun had gone down.
They fit perfectly.
Despite my troubles due to inadequate note taking and letting far too many months pass between the first and second sock, with some ripping back I got them to be the same size.
The pattern is Hedgerow Socks by Jane Cochran. A simple broken rib pattern with lots of stretch. I made mine 6 stitches narrower and change the heel out for a partridge heel as I think they wear better. The yarn is something I dyed, but I’m not sure when or what. It was in my stash a long time.
I’ve learned my lesson about knitting pairs. I bought another set of my favorite sock needles and I will be knitting two at a time from now on to avoid the replication and memory problems.
Back in the airport for the trip home I cast on 331 stitches for a crescent scarf. So many stitches!
This one is being knit with handspun yarn – I don’t spin singles very often as I worry about their durability, so it will be interesting to see how this goes.