With my last quilt top off the design wall, and the mystery quilt blocks caught up, I wanted to turn to quilting something from my growing pile of unfinished projects. I am declaring March to be a finish up month – no new sewing projects started, only finishing.
But the craft room was a disaster! The sewing and cutting tables buried in fabric and tools and yarn. The design wall and ironing surfaces awash in threads. Piles of works in progress and supplies overflowing in all the corners to the point that there was little open floor space. Steps had to be taken.
At Madrona last month I bought a new tool for defuzzing sweaters and coats – it proved to be really useful for thread removal as well!
I brushed the flannel on the wall and the canvas on the ironing table and it picked up everything! Not a thread or fabric clipping to be seen.
I also spent some time sorting through the fabric piles, folding and putting away all the accumulated paraphernalia.
There is still a lot of work to do on the room – I want to add shelving above the ironing table, reorganize the shelves I already have, and sort out the fabric storage closet, but at least I have a space where actual work can be accomplished now.
Tomorrow I’ll write about the post-tidying quilting that I got done this weekend.