While we were pretty busy over the holiday, I did get some time in on a couple of projects.
I finished my most recent triangle scarf: Drachenfels. I followed the pattern pretty much exactly except for the gauge and one part near the end where I didn’t read the pattern closely enough and left out a stripe. It is a good pattern to use small or partial skeins and could easily be modified to any size, types of yarn, or stripe pattern
I also made myself a tote for work as I’m tired of juggling my lunch bag, purse, and knitting bag through the parking lot. I think the alphabet fabric is perfect for working in a school.
I didn’t really have a pattern, though I looked at a few tote tutorials just to remind myself of the steps before I started.
I quilted the outer fabric first in one big piece and then cut it to size. I used the outer panels as the pattern for the lining pieces. I covered cotton straps with black canvas to make them sturdy, put an outer pocket between the straps and two inner pockets also lined with canvas for sturdiness. It turned out just like the picture in my head, which doesn’t always happen!