A long desired goal was met today with the addition of two solatube skylights to my living room and the connected hall. These have always been the darkest parts of our main floor, and adding the solatubes has been on my wish list since we moved in two years ago. And today they were installed!
It makes such a difference – I don’t feel like I need the lamps on in the middle of the day.
One more improvement was made to the room. I used some scrap fabric from my prints and neutrals bins and made a pillow for the couch. For the prints I mostly used little bits from the flying geese quilt so they’d coordinate. The neutrals tie it into the other couch quilt, so it works with both of them.
It is now on the couch, with a guardian cat to make sure no children spill food on it.